Autopsy confirms St. Petersburg man died from vape pen explosion –

ST. PETERSBURG — The Pinellas County Medical Examiner’s office has confirmed a St. Petersburg man died from a vape pen explosion.

The autopsy report, released Tuesday, revealed that Tallmadge D’Elia, 38, suffered from several fatal injuries stemming from an exploding vape pen on May 5. They include thermal injuries on roughly 80 percent of his body and projectiles from the pen penetrating his skull.

His official cause of death was “projectile wound of head” and was ruled an accident.

The vape pen was manufactured by Smok-E Mountain and is a “mod” type, according to the autopsy. According to a Facebook page for the business, the manufacturer is located in Cebu City in the Philippines.

St. Pete Fire Rescue was called to D’Elia’s home on the 300 block of 19th Avenue NE, where crews found his body.

According to the autopsy, there was “extensive” fire damage in D’Elia’s bedroom, where his body was found, but minimal smoke.

There have been a few incidents of injuries stemming from vape pen explosions. In Idaho in January 2017, a man lost

Read More Here...

This entry was posted in Vaporizer E-Cigarette Stocks News. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.