Vape battery catches fire in backpack on school bus – WCVB Boston

A student’s backpack is tattered and scorched after a vape battery caught fire inside while the student was on a school bus on Wednesday morning.

There are at least three holes in the Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School student’s pink and gray Jansport bag because of the fire, which was stomped out by another student, according to the school resource officer. Images from the police department also show the scorched and melted device.


Northbridge Police Department

Officials with the Northbridge Fire Department confirmed that they responded to the report of the fire on a school bus around 7:15 a.m., but said there were no injuries or damage to the vehicle.

School officials said the bus driver and students switched to another bus for the remainder of the ride to school. Students were also offered a wellness check and counseling.

Read More Here...

This entry was posted in Vaporizer E-Cigarette Stocks News. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.