Early-morning house fire in North Andover caused by charging vape pen – Eagle-Tribune

NORTH ANDOVER — An early-morning fire Wednesday on Beacon Hill Boulevard has left seven people displaced, according to Fire Chief Bill McCarthy.

The fire originated in a first floor bedroom of 155 Beacon Hill Boulevard — a four bedroom single family home — and was caused by a charging vape pen that overheated, according to fire investigator Jeff Crosby.

It is being treated as an accidental fire, fire officials said.

+1 

The fire originated in a first-floor bedroom of 155 Beacon Hill Boulevard — a four-bedroom single-family home — and was caused by a charging vape pen that overheated, according to fire investigator Jeff Crosby.

AMANADA SABGA/Staff photo

McCarthy said all residents made it out of the house safely by the time North Andover Engine 1 arrived on scene around 1:21 a.m.

“Everybody had exited the building with notification of working smoke detectors,” said McCarthy. “They got outside, they made the call to 911, and our units were there within minutes on the scene …. Without working smoke detectors, this could have been

Read More Here...

This entry was posted in Vaporizer E-Cigarette Stocks News. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.